5. Javier Bardem in Being the Ricardos - Bardem wholly fails to evoke Desi Arnaz just as he fails to seem anything but awkward in bringing the film's "witty" dialogue to screen.
4. Will Smith in King Richard - Smith delivers a charming, humorous and passionate performance here, even if he might be just a little too cautious when touching upon the negative aspects of his character.
Best Scene: Words of encouragement to Venus.
3. Andrew Garfield in Tick Tick...Boom - Garfield puts every ounce of himself into this role and that energy suits the role of Jonathan Larson extremely well.
Best Scene: "Why"
2. Denzel Washington - The Tragedy of Macbeth - See Cumberbatch thoughts.
Best Scene: Is This A Dagger Which I See Before Me
1. Benedict Cumberbatch in The Power of the Dog - Good prediction Calvin, Robert and moviefilm. I love both performances. Both give amazing performances. Both match their unique challenges, are captivating to watch, and give such complex and layered turns. I can't fault either, I can only praise the brilliance of each. So even when I make my decision it won't be that I prefer one, it will be that I just settled on one.
Best Scene: Rolling a cigarette
Next: 2021 Alternate Supporting
Post a Comment